Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Boiler Room~ a message of hope

Today I went to church, which isn't something out of the ordinary for me on a Sunday morning. However, I escaped from the norm and visited a church called the  Boiler Room in Kansas City, MO. I've been there a couple of times before and loved it each time, today was no exception. It's a small very unique church. The worship was wonderful and the message was spectacular. The pastor spoke on hope today, and while hope seems like such a simple word, it has so much meaning behind it. I'll just give a few highlights of some notes I took during the service:
Romans 15:13 - Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Hope- a joyful, confident expectation of good rooted in Jesus Christ
Hope is the environment the makes faith possible, the soil that faith grows in.
Where are you worn out, defeated, jaded, disappointed, and without expectation of good in yourself, in your relationships, or your perspective?
Where do you need to meet Jesus?
One question he brought up that really stuck out to me and that I've been reflecting on a lot was this:
What was it like for Jesus to hear the voices he has made condemn Him?
When I think about this question I can only imagine how brokenhearted He was and the great pain He felt. His own creation condemning Him. And look at the world now, I believe I still see his children that he loves and died for condemning Him every day. Does it pierce his heart each time He sees his creation turn their faces from Him?
Ok, I'm done preaching my own little message, now back to the original.
Most of the world pretends that it's still Saturday, that Jesus hasn't risen from the dead. BUT, death has lost its sting, the GRAVE has lost it's victory. There are plans for our life where Saturdays seem to dominate. When we come to that place we think He is dead there.
Why has your heart been broken? Encounter resurrection.
So, that's just a brief synopsis of the wonderful message today.

And there it is: The Boiler Room

No comments:

Post a Comment