Sunday, May 1, 2011

Goodbye Cowboys

This week has been pretty great. We had employee appreciation day at work which = jean day! Best day ever. Another highlight of the week was that the Easter Bunny visited me at work. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I actually didn't visit with him, but he did leave me a basket. Don't believe me?? Here's proof:

Yes, be jealous. The Easter Bunny brings me presents to work. 

Actually, the Easter Bunny happens to be this really nice lady at work named Irene. I guess she just really likes me. 
I also ate at Mom's Kitchen for the first time with my new bank teller friends on Saturday. And guess what I did today??? I went to Korma Sutra. The best Indian restaurant around. It's completely authentic, and I felt like I was right back in India. I miss that country and the food. It was great to have a little reminder of it today. 
Now if you read my title you are probably wondering what any of this has to do with cowboys. Well, I'm getting to it. I'm a huge Amazing Race fan and when I say huge, I mean HUGE. I never miss a season. This season is All Stars so one of my very favorite teams from all time (the cowboys) have been back racing around the world and doing quite well. However, (sob) I regret to say last week was the end of the road for them. The came in last and were eliminated. I was in hysterics and was completely disappointed that alas, the Cowboys would not be winning Amazing Race after all. The newest episode will be airing tonight and I'll be watching it with a heavy heart knowing that the million dollars will go to some undeserving team. It's how almost every show works out, yet somehow every new season I have great hopes for my favorite team to win it all. Anyway, all this to say "Farewell, Cowboys."

Good ole' Jet and Cord always sportin' their cowboy hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment