Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Style Happy


I've been busy doing a bit of a make-over on my room, and couldn't wait to share. Since I'm going to be going to fashion school, I decided it was time to move my sewing machine up from our dungeon basement to my bright cheerful room, where it might be possible for me to get inspiration. However, in order to do that I had to down-size in the bed department. So, I got a twin bed which lead to getting a new comforter, of course, and I changed things around in my room. Ready for some pictures?



The Daisies on the wall were only $2 at a garage sale!


A portion of my wall in my room is taken up by a door to the bathroom. It's just an completely unnecessary extra door. So, in order to utilize that perfectly good space, I found this giant daisy picture and put it on top of my dresser so you cant really tell that there is a door there. My mother helped with the cleverness of that idea. I also found this plate at a garage sale with a painting done by Norman Rockwell. I must have been sitting in a train station somewhere when he just happened to be painting, that or it's my long lost twin. 





This is my new sewing space. I'm super excited to use it! It's so much better than a terribly lonely and dark basement.


This is my super duper cute sewing box my mom got me for Christmas. The butterfly box I bought at Target for just $3. I'm currently using it for all my patterns, and let's just say that it's filled.




Ta-Dah! Why Hello there, Sewing Machine! So good to see you!



3 comments:

  1. Very cute
    Very thrifty
    and you have far more beauty from the inside out than Norman Rockwell's painted plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is to cute!! I love it Steph!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if you made the comforter yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete