Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Acrobatic Painting, You've Heard of it Right?

I've decided it's probably time to do another blog post. I haven't been up to a whole lot lately, however, I did manage to get a job as a bank teller. I start Monday, and I'm pretty excited and nervous. This is a pretty important job, at least it seems that way to me. Alright enough about my career, after all it's really not that interesting. I'll get on to the main point of this post, which is to continue informing the world all about my trip to India. So here we go:
After resting up in Durgapur, we moved on to Coimbatore to minister at a leprosy hospice. We ministered in many various ways. The main ministry I was involved with while being there was getting up before the sun to bathe and care for the hospice patients. It was an early morning and I often had to drag myself out of bed, but it was good for me.

A. Thompson Photography
These are two lovely ladies from the hospice. They were fun.

I also spent many days painting the back of the hospice building. I never imagined how involved i'd get. Let's just say I offered to be a guinea pig and did some pretty crazy painting acrobatics. I'll have to show a picture to fully explain. First, let me introduce you to the building I came to know so well:


As you can see I'm sitting on a little ledge and I climbed the little ladder resting on the other ledge to get to it. Let's just say it was pretty precarious. At this point I thought I was being pretty daring, that was until we came up with another brilliant idea for painting every square inch of that building. After some trial and error and my eager willingness, we came up with a new system. 

Doesn't everyone paint buildings like this?

We decided the most effective and efficient way to finish painting, was for me to sit on a little log which was tied to a rope that the guys from my team were holding from the top of the roof and pulling me up. 

My life was in their hands...or teeth, quite literally. 

I must say my butt got pretty sore from sitting on that log for so long, but I also found out that I quite enjoyed being the only one that could brag about this feat. 

Yep, there I am covered in paint with my trusty little log seat in all my bragging glory.







2 comments:

  1. YAY for getting a new job!! Proud of ya and yes you were the only one who could brag about it but I was worried you might die haha!! You were freaking awesome for being so daring!

    ReplyDelete