Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Whole Hearts

Lately, I've been reading this really great book called "Waking the Dead" written by John Eldredge. It's a great book and I encourage all to read it for yourself. I stumbled across a paragraph that I felt was very relevant and just thought I'd share. It goes something like this:

"How would you live differently if you believed your heart was the treasure of the kingdom? Because we are at war, the business of guarding the heart is a most serious business indeed. It is precisely because we do not know what the next turn of the page will bring that we nourish our hearts now, knowing at least this much: we will need out whole hearts for whatever is coming next. Above all else, you must care for your heart. For without your heart....well, have a look around"

Something else I would like to bring your attention to is a great opportunity for anyone who is a Francine Rivers fan to win some really great prizes. just go to this link: http://tyndale.com/blog/?p=1042. Although I'd be really happy if you didn't enter because I would like to win. =)

Krista, Aidan, and Nora left today. It's different with them gone. It's quiet, very quiet. I'm going to miss them, but I'm so glad they got to come and visit for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment