Wednesday, October 29, 2014

This Crazy Thing Called Renovation


We have been BUSY working away on our house renovation. And boy, It's a lot of work. After we got the beams placed in the attic, we went straight to taking out the walls between the kitchen and living room.

The demolition is my favorite part. It's a great stress reliever and it goes fast. It's the clean-up and putting the house back together that isn't as fun.


Taking out that wall makes such a huge transformation. The house feels so much bigger. Can't wait until it's completely finished and we can actually use this space!

 After we took the walls down, we tore out the entire kitchen. It was really a bittersweet moment. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to get rid of those old cabinets, but living without a kitchen with twin 
1 1/2 year olds is hard...crazy hard. Yeah, I know! What were we thinking?



Kitchen Demolished :)

Now that we no longer have a working kitchen we have everything set up in the basement...and we don't have a very big basement, so it's a tight squeeze. We took our small kitchen table down stairs and placed it where our coffee table goes. My craft table is taking a break from crafts and instead is holding all the kitchen essentials. We are doing lots of microwave dinners and grilling. I'm using our tiny bathroom sink to wash dishes. It's definitely not the ideal setup, but I am oh so thankful for my new kitchen. It's all going to be worth it. 


Our make-shift kitchen :) 

It was a couple days after we took the kitchen completely out that our parents' took the boys for 5 whole days so that we could get a ton of work done without any interruption. Let me just say, I am so thankful for grandparents. You guys are lifesavers. 

After we destroyed the kitchen it was time to tackle the linoleum floor. Worst job ever. I spent 4 hours just trying to get a decent section pulled up. It was so stubborn and I'm so happy that it is gone. This floor had definitely seen it's better days. 


Goodbye, You won't be missed, Linoleum!

Now that we have torn the house apart, we just need to get it all put back together. :) Should be no problem, right? Cabinets are being installed on Tuesday. Countdown has begun. Ahhhhh!










No comments:

Post a Comment