Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's Just the Beginning

A couple weeks ago we officially purchased cabinets, counters, appliances, and flooring all at Lowe's. We are going to completely redo our kitchen and dining/living room. It's a pretty big deal and I'm really excited for the new kitchen part. Getting there is going to be a little difficult.


Here is a picture of the night we took the boys to purchase cabinets. It was a huge mistake. I thought since we had already picked everything out that it wouldn't take very long to purchase it. WRONG. We spent 2 1/2 hours chasing the boys around Lowe's. They were thrilled and we were pulling our hair out. They were enthralled with the kitchen section because they have all the sample kitchens on display. They spent a good part of the evening opening all the cabinet doors and slamming them shut. There was also plenty of screaming, running away, and melt-downs. We started thinking that maybe a kitchen was not worth all this hassle. But, alas, we survived and bought a kitchen :) Whew!


And then this happened.... All my furniture is in here.
My house is empty.
My kitchen is in boxes.


 I'm trying to figure out why I thought now would be a good time to renovate a house with two 1 1/2 year olds.  Oh right, I'm desperate for a dishwasher and a working oven. :) Seriously!


We pulled up all the flooring in the hallway and dining/living room. Next on the list is scraping the popcorn ceiling and putting in support beams so we can take the wall down between the kitchen and dining/living room. Exciting stuff!

Now enough about renovating...
Last week I went to spend some time with my mom, because the husband was working a whole 2 weeks of 12 hour shifts. I had a wonderful time with her and it was so nice having someone to help me corral the boys. One of the best parts was going to Deanna Rose Farmstead with the cousins. The boys were right at home. They were so thrilled to see the animals and kept sticking their fingers through the fence so the goats could nibble on them and then laughed about it.



My Farmer Boys




I love seeing how sweet the older cousins are to the boys. They love on them and play with them and are pretty much the best little helpers ever (see below).




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awwww....Thanks! I'm trying to be. Some days I ask myself, "What in the world were we thinking?" :)

      Delete