Friday, September 12, 2014

What I've Learned


The last 17 days I've been a part of an online Bible Study over the book of Hosea. Now that we have come to the end of the study, we were asked to share what we have learned over the last 17 days. I have learned a lot and wanted to share a small portion of how this study has impacted me.

The book of Hosea has always just been a story, a sad one, to me. Before this study I had never related it to my own life. When I read the chapters not just as a story, but a revelation of how God views our sin and how in spite of turning away from Him; He never stops loving us, I was changed.  I was humbled by this study. My perspective was shifted. I became even more grateful for the amazing grace of our loving Father. 
There have been times in my life I’ve been so far from God. I’ve run the opposite direction. I’ve tried to do my own thing and push God to a far corner of my heart. I’ve let other things take precedence in my life. I’ve had idols that became more important to me than God. I’ve ignored His commands. I’m guilty, just as the Israelites were in Hosea. 
In Hosea I became more aware than ever, how much our sin grieves our Father. I could see the pain he felt as the children of Israel disobeyed Him time and time again. It made my heart ache knowing all the pain and grief I’ve caused the Lord. 
But, praise Jesus, for He waits for our return. He never leaves us. He never gives up on us. He is there, waiting. Waiting for our return to His open arms. And, what is more beautiful than that? We are so underserving of this love. Yet, despite all we have done, He wants us. He wants to redeem us, to redeem our story. He wants to make us new and whole again. 
I am so glad that I participated in this study. It challenged me. It changed me. It opened my eyes to so much more. 

If you also took part in this study, I encourage to share what you learned at #shesharestruth

If you would like to participate in the next online study you can go to http://shereadstruth.com/ I have been so blessed by the studies on she reads truth, and I know you will be too! 


2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, thank you so much for these beautiful words! I love hearing what God is teaching you through Hosea and for your new perspective! I'm so glad we're in this together!

    xoxo-Kaitlin for She Reads Truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, praise God that he never gives up on us! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete