Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Vail Vacation Part 3: The Wedding

The whole reason we went to Colorado was so that we could go to my dear friend's wedding. After a fun five days of adventuring, it was time for the big shin-dig.

Me and the lovely bride Courtney the night before her big day!

We all met at the mountain trail. Brian and I had babies strapped to our backs. I decided to hike in a dress. The bride started the hike off singing a beautiful song. And up the mountain we climbed. 

The beautiful Courtney singing at the start of the trail. She wore that gorgeous wedding dress all the way to the top of the mountain, along with some hiking boots :)

Some of my favorites right here. The bride and her brothers.

The Bride and Groom

The hike up was beautiful. There were flowers covering the mountainside. The day couldn't have been more perfect. 

The boys both fell asleep on the way up.

Nothing like a mountain nap.


After hiking for about 2 hours we finally made it to the top. Talk about amazing. I was overjoyed to finally get there, because I'll honestly admit that I was one worn out momma. Even though the hike was hard and tiring and I really didn't know if I would actually make it, IT WAS SO WORTH IT. 

After the long climb, we sat on the side of the mountain to witness the wedding. Here they are saying the sweetest vows I've ever heard. I'm so happy for these two! The boys did so great. It's like they knew they needed to be really quiet, because they barely made a peep. So proud of them. :) After the wedding we hiked back down the mountain and for some reason that seemed harder than climbing up. Maybe it was because I was already so exhausted. But, I made it and that is the important part. 

Courtney and Justin, thank you so much for inviting us to be a part of your special day. It was such an honor to be there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment