Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hand-Painted Sign DIY

I looked through a bunch of different pins on Pinterest and kinda combined them all together to make my very own sign. I'm so excited, because it was easy as pie.

Step 1: Find or cut a piece of wood to the size you want for your sign

Step 2: Pick out a cool font and the size of letters you want and print them out.


Step 3: Place the words where you want them on your sign and trace the outline with a ballpoint pen.


I used a ruler to make sure I kept the words straight. Would hate to have them all lop-sided. When you are tracing the outline of the words make sure you are pressing hard enough. It will make little ridges in the wood that you can follow along when you paint. 

Step 4: Fill in your traced outlines with paint. 


Step 5: Lightly sand the words to give your sign a more worn feeling and then stain the sign (this is really an optional step, you get to decide). When you stain your sign don't be afraid to put the stain over your painted words just make sure you quickly wipe it off. 



Can you believe that was only a 5 step process? See, I told you it was easy as pie. 
I currently have this in my bedroom until I can find a better place to display it. But, until then it is a really great sign to wake up to. Because, Lord knows, I need grace. You need grace. We all need grace. 

Making signs is addicting and I have hundreds more that I want to make. If only I had hundreds of places on my walls to hang signs. 

So, get to crafting. You won't regret it. 





2 comments: