Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Family Vacation: Vail Colorado Part 1

My dear friend Courtney decided to get married on a mountaintop and I couldn't miss her wedding. What better excuse than to just turn it into a vacation?

On the way there we started our trip in the early evening, drove 9 hours, and arrived in the early morning. It was pretty tough keeping our eyes open, but we filled our bodies with lots of caffeine while our dear babies slept. (This was actually my preferred method of travel, after we experienced traveling with the boys on the way home during the day)


I bought these really cool snack cups that let your child eat snacks, but aren't supposed to spill anywhere. They were absolutely enthralled with them and were entertained for awhile. I was beginning to think that I was a mommy genius, until Eli figured out how to take the top off and spilled HUNDREDS of cheerios all over the vehicle. Way to go, son, you win the baby genius prize.

Now let's talk about Colorado. Oh my goodness, it was beautiful, and the weather was perfect, and I never ever wanted to leave. 


Yep, I'll just build my cabin right over there please!

We met my parents there and we all had a wonderful time. I'm so thankful we went with my parents because they helped with the boys and Brian and I actually got to do some activities without babies. It was like a dream.
We did a lot of hiking. The boys were thrilled to get so much time to spend outdoors. Every morning as soon as they woke up they asked to doh doh (which is the equivalent of go). They loved hiking and really enjoyed the hiking backpacks we had for them. I really surprised myself on this trip and was able to actually carry them all over the place. I was sure that after 5 mins. I would be toast. Hooray, for determination.

Love my little family!

Vail is such a cute little town with cute big buildings :)

On our first day out, we took a ride up the mountain on the gondola, ate a delicious lunch while staring at mountains, and hiked along a trail. 

Vail from the Gondola 

Gondola riding with Mimi and Papa

Um, yeah, this makes my heart melt.

The view at the top. Let's all take a moment and soak it in.

Ready to hike!

Hiking selfie with a baby on my back...talented!

So glad I married an outdoorsman.

How did I get this blessed? 3 boys, hiking, mountains!

Me and my beautiful Momma, oh and Eli too ;)

Snacking on the trail

I miss this so much!


We went hiking the next day too! Surprise, Surprise. It was just as fun minus the fact that I got a sunburn on my scalp, but it was oh, so worth it!


























No comments:

Post a Comment