Saturday, June 28, 2014

DIY: Bathroom Jar Storage

Aren't these cute?

These are super easy to make and lots of fun. All you need to do is start saving jars. :)


What you will need for this project:
-Jars (I used and jam jar and a pickle jar)
-Goo Gone (or something else if you have a better method for getting labels off jars)
-Paint
-Cute knobs

To get the labels off the jars I put them under water until they got good and soaked. Then I proceeded to pull off as much of the label as I could. This is how they looked when I finished that:

 I put some Goo Gone on a paper towel and scrubbed away until the label and markings completely came off. It took a bit of scrubbing power, but lo and behold I got that stubborn label off. 

For the lids I chose to spray paint those. You could probably hand paint them as well. 

Then I enlisted my hubby to drill hole in the lid for me. :) 


All you have to do after that is screw on the knob and you have really cute jars for all those cotton balls and cotton swabs. Easy as pie.


I'm sure you could do this same project for jars all over your house. You don't have to choose the bathroom. Loving my new jars though. They help spruce up our bathroom that needs a total makeover. Can't wait for them to look even better when we remodel. 






No comments:

Post a Comment