Friday, May 31, 2013

Two is Better than One

I spent memorial day with my family. I packed the boys up in the jeep and drove to Olathe. I only had to pull over 3 times to secure pacifiers in little baby mouths. Overall, it was a successful trip, all by myself. I had a great time visiting with my family, and my adorable niece and nephew had the time of their lives hanging out with their new baby cousins.

One for each of them to hold


Nora was fascinated with their little fingers

Both Lane and Eli are doing so well and I'm enjoying them so much. Nights are long and mostly sleepless, but it's so worth it. I remember thinking, "How am I going to handle taking care of two babies on my own?" before they were born. Now, I'm so glad I had twins. Yes, it's more work, but it's twice the amount of happiness, joy, and fun. 
Each day I am amazed at how much they have grown from the first time I saw them. I was looking back at pictures of their birth today and I couldn't help, but thank the Lord for how faithful he has been to us. Our precious little boys, who weren't supposed to survive, DID! And now the are thriving! 


1 comment: