Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Hit the Runway

I've been designing and constructing garments for the past couple months all in preparation for a fashion show at my college: JCCC. Last night I finally put down my needle and thread to watch as my 7 look collection walked down the runway. It's an incredible feeling to see something you've spent countless hours on be shown to a whole room full of people. It's also a big sigh of relief knowing that you are done and can now move on to the next collection. I'm very proud of the collection I produced and hope you like it too. I call my collection Lauren James in honor of a dear friend of mine and my Grandpa. This collection is sophisticated, wearable, and fun. Here is a video of it: (I will be posting more about the show soon complete with pictures so you can get a closer look at the collection)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YwtOSHft1bc


Sewing the day before the show at school. Oh the life of a fashion student.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the fashion show!! I liked your designs!! Do you have a website to view them closer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I do have them on Facebook. If you would like to see them closer up you could always friend request me. However, I plan on putting up pictures on this blog as well very soon!

    ReplyDelete