Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Backstage Pass

Now that I've shown off the collection, it's time to talk about the show. I don't think I've ever experienced more stress in my life then a few days before the show as I was finishing up all the last details, fitting models, and pulling everything together. I took every opportunity to sew as you can see in the picture below:

I never imagined I'd be lugging a heavy sewing machine around school and sewing at the booth in the cafeteria for everyone to stare and say, "what in the world is that crazy girl doing?" I was running on pretty much no sleep and coffee was the only way I kept my eyes open. 

My collection hanging backstage

Me backstage trying not to be too stressed before the show

The day of the fashion show was very busy and it all went by in a blur. The show started. I waited nervously behind the curtains to model for my friend Dionne, and then rushed off the stage and started getting all my models changed and ready. Before I knew it, suddenly all the time had expired and I watched as my models walked out on stage. It was so cool to see the garments that I had spent hours creating come to life on the runway. All my hard work was presented before an audience and that felt like such a wonderful accomplishment and a great relief to know that I was DONE! 

This is my friend Dionne's collection. I was one of her models for the show. 

My friend Claire showing off one of my outfits

Me and my models hanging out backstage

Me and some more of my models

My friend Dionne and I. Wouldn't have made it through the show without her. 
Overall it was a great success and a wonderful and valuable experience. As much as I wanted to just pull all my hair out most of the time, I'm so happy that I was able to pull it off and present a collection in the fashion show. 






No comments:

Post a Comment