Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Chicken Glamper

That's right, it's a glammed up chicken camper. We plan on getting chicks soon and so we got a little camper for their coop.


I thought it needed some pizzazz. It was just a little too boring. So I took it upon myself to spiff it up for the chicks. Here are all the before pictures.

I'm all ready and excited to overhaul this baby. That's totally before I realized how much work it would be.

Time for a make-over!

And now for the BIG REVEAL!!!

I only spent $17 on the paint/supplies to redo this camper. Most of the paint came from left over paint we had in the garage from previous projects. 

This side took me forever. NEVER EVER paint little tiny flowers all over a large surface even if it seems like a great idea. After about halfway through I started really wishing I had stuck to very large flowers. I don't think I'll be painting flowers on anything for a long time. 

My chickens will love you if you bring them chicken feed. You might even get a few eggs out of the deal...just sayin' :)

I got smart on this side. Teeny-tiny flowers are overrated.

This chicken glamper is far from perfect and there are many little imperfections, but I'm super happy with how it turned out. It was a LOT of work, but I had a lot of fun doing it. Thank goodness we had a stretch of gorgeous days so I could get this finished. It's so fun looking out my kitchen window and seeing the chicken coop off in the distance. I think the chicks are going to love their new home too! And who knows, maybe they will lay extra eggs? A girl can dream, right?








No comments:

Post a Comment