Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Little Trim...Ummmm I Mean Cut

This has been a one-of-a-kind week for me. I thought it would be a great idea to get my hair trimmed before college starts and it had been months. My hair was probably begging for a trim...right? Well I won't mention where I went, but I did indeed go to a hair salon, and well let's just say the results were less than pleasing. One side of my hair was longer than the other and the layers stuck out in your face saying, "hey, notice me please". The trim I asked for turned into a cut. I left with a crushed heart and cried on my way home and then most of the afternoon as I mourned over the loss of my hair. My mom tried her best to rescue me out of my distress and made an appointment for the next day to get it fixed. I went in only to find out that the hairdresser was sick. I once again walked to my car in tears. All I wanted was my hair back. I finally decided that I couldn't take my screwed up hair any longer and went to the Hair Shop and had a very nice hairstylist fix my hair. She did a pretty good job and I was much happier.


Today was a good day. It rained and I got to wear rain boots, that always makes for a good day. Because it was raining I got inspired to read, because rainy days are for reading. And this is what I read:

The GuernseyLiterary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I know the title sounds crazy and boring and a book for old grannies who go to book clubs to read, but I've read it before. This is my second time through it, and it's even better than the first read. It is such a cute, quaint, fun book, that I highly recommend. Get past the title. I almost didn't. I read the title and thought, "Yeah, right. I don't read books with titles like that." But then I did and I don't regret it. 

I also have another surprise. I've talked for a long time on here about how I made this super cute apron and promised and promised to post about it. Well, I finally took pictures of it and I'm finally including it in a post. Here you go:


Ta-dah! It's completely made out of pillowcases, a sheet, and a bedskirt. I like being resourceful. 





1 comment:

  1. Would you like some old jeans to be resourceful with? I have about 4 pairs that I would prefer to not throw away if I can do something useful with them...or if someone else can!

    ReplyDelete